3: NGS Movement: Redefining the Traditional Career Path
Anna Lenhart isn’t your traditional social entrepreneur. She is a movement creator.
Through NGS Movement, Anna is working to redefine the traditional career path. And to drive that mission, she has an inspiring vision:
Imagine if every fortune 500 company CEO had started their career with a year of service.
If we incorporate a year of service into the traditional career path, like Kuli Kuli’s founder Lisa Curtis, we equip our entire workforce with empathy, teach them versatility and embed entrepreneurial thinking. In today’s episode we get a glimpse into the world of long term service, and the vision of a new world well versed in empathy and a better understanding of the issues facing society today.
In today’s episode, Anna highlighted her recent excursion to the Grand Canyon. To transition from an area with as many people as San Diego to complete solitude for several days, it’s an incredible and meditative experience. We are personally very excited for her to champion John Muir, the PCT and all 25 National Parks.
So my question to you, “Are you ready for a new and incredible experience?”
Anna gave us several great insights! You’ll have to listen in for all the incredible information, but here are the resources she mentioned:
Sites mentioned include:
- Shakti Rising
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Habitat for Humanity Spring Break Program
- Tufts 1+ 4 Program*
- Cisco is the biggest funder for long term service, including Service Year
Resources mentioned include:
- Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa
- The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World
- 20 Something Manifesto: Quarter-Lifers Speak Out About Who They Are, What They Want, and How to Get It
To connect with Anna and NGS Movement: