18: The Amazon, Acai & Preserving Culture with Evan Delahanty (Peaceful Fruits)
Evan describes his former corporate life as almost a literal cog in a wheel. The analogy is alarmingly spot on as his corporate job facilitates the efficient moving of screws and cogs around a warehouse.
That is, until he throws in the towel in on the unfulfilling corporate route and opts for the Peace Corps.
This life-changing journey to Suriname and the Amazon rainforest charts a new course for Evan’s career path. In his words, he goes from, “making a big impact on a small and meaningless thing, such as moving screws, to having a small impact on a meaningful endeavor.”
This new meaningful endeavor comes with a triple social good punch:
- Producing a highly nutritious all-natural fruit snack;
- Sustainable sourcing of acai;
- Employing individuals with developmental disabilities.
Listen in to hear Evan’s incredible journey from cog to social entrepreneur.
- Produce a snack that people can enjoy with a peace of mind.
- Evan describing the nuances of wearing a kamisah (including the mystery of the cell phone)
- Talking about bears and hiking
- Mission in a Bottle: The Story of Honest Tea
How to Make a Positive Impact
- Get outside of your normal life.
SoCal Locations Selling Peaceful Fruits
- Pacific Health Foods in Carpinteria
- Natural Life Foods in Pleasant Hill
- Alameda Natural Grocery
Connect with Peaceful Fruits
Here is a photo of Evan in the traditional kamisah:
Check out the actual snacks!