22 Volunteer Excursions – Adam Kunes (Have Fun Do Good)
Do you have the itch to explore while giving back? If so then Adam Kunes pioneering volunteer excursion company Have Fun Do Good might just be your ticket. Adam is blending the enjoyment of travel, friendship and volunteering as a way to engage more millennials in the rewards of giving back.
I personally love the idea of traveling and volunteering having done several trips. Yes, I was one of those college kids who spent a spring break volunteering. For me it was a week with the Grand Canyon Land Trust in Arizona with BreaksAway. It’s one of the many stellar programs at my Alma mater. Additionally, I recently wrapped up a week with International Relief Teams doing disaster relief in New Jersey from storm Sandy three years later (photos coming soon).
I can honestly speak to the power of even a simple trip or a few hours volunteering.
Have Fun Do Good aims to make these types of programs more accessible. You don’t have to be a college student (although they offer fun excursions for students) or have an entire week to volunteer. Their weekend warrior excursions fit just about any schedule.
Listen in to hear the incredible, and in some cases down right crazy, times that Have Fun Do Good has created:
- It’s always important to give back. Adam always asks, “How can I be making this planet a better place?”
- Hearing about the Random Acts of Kindness Scavenger Hunt. Terrifying? Possibly. A brilliant way to connect with people in a new city? Definitely.
- Behind the scenes: My husband was helping me upload photos. After a few minutes, he asked, “What does this organization do? Everyone looks like they are having SO much fun.” I think that adequately sums up their trips!
How to Make a Positive Impact
- Try something small! Look for opportunities in your community. Find chances to do something kind for others. It could be as simple as holding a door open.
Advice for Grads
- Do what you are passionate about. If you’re passionate about something, it’s really going to propel your dreams.
Connect with Have Fun Do Good